Saturday, May 17, 2008

We are PINK!!!!!!

YES!! I never thought I would get to post this.. But... We are pink.... we received our letter today. Our appt was scheduled for 5/28/2008. which of course we can not make.. So we have rescheduled it for the following week... We will fly out of Detroit on the 30th and back on the 6th.. We are spending a few extra days there for many reason.. 1st and formost is so that Jazlynn and Adriana can ween off each other... I can not even imagine what this will be like for Adriana.. She has had children for 10 years.. Jazlynn will be her last... It is our hope that we can spend lots of time with her during the week.. On Sunday we will all be going to Antigua and then one day we will have a pool party at the hotel.order some pizza.. just relax with them... Something tells me that the worst of this all is about to come.. this is not going to be an easy good-bye for any of us... Just wish us luck...

10 comments:

Bobbi said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! Finally, your time has come.

I think you are so wonderful to give them the time they all need to say good-bye.

Enjoy your time in Guat. IT is a time you will always cherish.

Guatemama said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with Bobbi that it is wonderful that you are going to spend time with Jazzlynn's foster family. It will help them and her so very much. I can't wait to see your pictures. Happy packing!

Steph said...

WOOHOO!!! Huge congrats!! It sounds like you are going to have an incredible trip. The goodbyes are definitely hard.

Becca said...

Shut up! Woo HOO! I am so happy for you!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Pam L said...

Congratualtions Vikki!!!!
Woo Hoo for you!!
I'm so happy for you! It's also wonderful that your foster family loves little Jazlynn so much. I hope the Guat. government rethinks their policy not to use foster families when adoptions open back up down there.
I hope you have a wonderful trip and I'll be thinking of you and your family and foster family when it comes time to say good-bye.
Post lots of pictures :)

Donna said...

YAY!!!! Congratulations! I've been stalkin' waiting for this newz!!

Sharon said...

Congratulations!!!! I wish I could crawl in your suitcase and visit Antigua again.

Anonymous said...

YAY!! CONGRATS!

Stacey and Dewey said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Isn't it amazing to finally be Pink?
Your pick up trip sounds just perfect. Ours was full of intense emotions, I'm sure yours will be the same. But the way you have things planned out will be the best for everyone.
Have fun in Antigua, we LOVED it there.
Best Wishes
Stacey

Kimberly said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Wow! I am so excited for you! It sounds like you have the majority of your trip planned, but if you want to grab a coffee just let me know. My number here is 4345-6019. Or you can email me at leclercq.k at gmail.com.