Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Winter Wonderland!!!!

We woke up this morning to a horrible storm AGAIN.. I think we are getting used to them. My children didn't even get up to see if they were delayed or not they just assumed... At the rate we are going we will be going to school in July still. We have delayed for tomorrow already and I really believe we will cancel again.

This is taken from the front porch at around 9 am this morning. Before the storm was over.
The snow was so heavy and wet that it has stuck to the trees like glue.. It is really quite beautiful. Bandar would say But only in picture Mom. He loved the snow in Saudi Arabia. But hates it now that he has experienced it for real...

This is my car. Looks ok huh? Nope. It was stuck right there in the middle of the road. wasn't even in the snow much. But boy was it icy. I had to go get Joe to get it out for me. Then I had to listen to a 10 min lecture of why I should have taken the TRUCK... I hate the truck. Although we did have to use it to pull me out. It was really stuck. This car was a present from my neighbors and I absolutely love it. But... It is not a snow car.

This is the famous truck... Who drives something this big? Thats crazy. I'll stick to my car and he can just drive this to get me out. lol

I just added this picture to show you all the pure torture poor Bandar has to go through. He comes home from college every weekend . This is what they do to him. He is such a great kid.
So Jose.. After these picture.. Do you and Adriana still want to come to Ohio?
There is no adoption news except that someone received a PA at 55 days today.. so that is a couple weeks sooner than they were coming in. Senator Brown is to get ahold of me tomorrow he is trying to help mine along guess we'll see.. We are at day 38 today.




12 comments:

Donna said...

Oh - the snow does look beautiful!! I know it's cold and yucky and icy, but I want me some of that!! 8 days to go to warm sun and sweet kisses for you!! And a PA would be such a nice send off gift! ;-)

Beth said...

Ha! Well, I can usually relate to snow news... and I here we are due for a foot and a half more in Maine... this has been a brutal winter for all of us! Ice is def. worse... glad your car was saved!

Your kids always make me sense that your house is so full of JOY!

Beth said...

PS- Happy packing and looking forward to warmer weather... it is beautiful here!!

Where are you staying... we will be in GC very soon... will we overlap dates!?!?!?

Beth said...

We have not booked yet... can you believe that? But, we will be back in Gc on the 4th!

I know the first moments and days getting there for a visit trip are ALL about Jaz, but I will let you know where we end up... even if there is a chance for a quick meet and greet... that would be so nice. Either way, so happy that you are so close to holding your sweet girl!

Gail said...

The snow is pretty but you can keep it. I like the 50-60 degree days we are having here in Kansas.
Gail

Bobbi said...

Now that just didn't look pleasant!!

Maine did get weather today. Thankfully we didn't cancel school again. I think we are already there until August anyway!!

C'mon PA!!

Pam L said...

Bet you can't wait to leave your Winter Wonderland. I'm sure the weather in Guatemala will be beautiful!
Hope PA's are speeding up!

Steph said...

It certainly was beautiful, but I would have preferred to appreciate it from my couch and not my desk at work! ;)

I hope Sen Brown can work some magic!!! Did you call that woman in his office???

Becca said...

The snow looks beautiful, but I know it is a pain. I love the pic of the kids clobbering Bandar!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Emily said...

So happy you got FC approval and are just waiting on PA- hoping you get it very, very, soon! And, let's hope spring arrives soon too- no more snow!

Emily

Donna said...

THREE DAYS!!! OMGoodness!! I'm getting so excited for you!

Guatemama said...

Any updates on PA? I hope you hear good news soon!! It looks like it was nasty over there. I am from OH by the way.. Mansfield and I moved from Centerville near Dayton to PA 2 years ago.... Keep us posted..
Tracy